GAMBIT is a tooling server designed to improve the quality of Guardium deployments and make Guardium administrators more efficient and effective. Being built by Guardium administrators for Guardium administrators makes GAMBIT’s key functions easy to use and Guardium easier to manage.
GAMBIT’s key functions provide mechanisms to improve the quality and health of STAP configurations, improve the consistency of appliance configurations, allow traffic simulations for policy and report testing and quick CLI and grdapi script creation.
Regardless of deployment size, GAMBIT’s four key functions can help you with:
- Database Traffic Simulation – Uses the universal feed to create realistic policy and report test case for Guardium.
- Create test cases that ensure policies fire when expected and that reports show the data you expect
- Regress to ensure changes to policies and the environment don't break rules and reports that are currently working
- Easy debugging of environments
- System Checks – Compare output to CLI commands and Guardium reports against security, health and configuration baselines.
- Verify that appliances follow security and configuration best practices
- Confirm that appliances are healthy
- Scope Verification – Compare what is being captured to what your scope specifies.
- Check that STAPs are both active and ending all expected traffic
- Monitor if there are any changes in the environment such as a database migration that cause a loss of auditing
- Enhanced Shell – A full-function CLI editor built specifically for Guardium.
- Build grdapi and CLI scripts to help with efficient changes to appliance configuration
- Concurrent running of scripts on multiple appliances at once
Get to know GAMBIT.
For a closer look, watch our online GAMBIT demo. John Haldeman walks through the key functions and discusses use case examples.
Learn why the Information Insights team likes GAMBIT. Download our technical overview to view appliance specs for virtual machines, operating systems and port requirements.
Contact us with any questions.